Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lilac variety?

I live outside of NYC in zone 6b. In my area...everyones lilacs bloom a few weeks before mine does. What variety blooms later?

Lilac variety?
I find most of the new cultivated varieties bloom later than many of the %26quot;wild%26quot; bushes that are around. My %26#039;President Greavy%26#039; and %26#039;Sensation%26#039; bloom almost a month later than the wild bushes we have. Without knowing the colour and habit of your tree it would be hard to say - I know many of the miniature lilacs such as %26#039;Miss Kim%26#039; seem to bloom into summer around here (Zone 5a).





It could also have to do with how much sun your tree gets in relation to the others that you see blooming sooner.





If you%26#039;re curious to see the variety of your tree, take some of the flowers to a local garden center or garden club.
Reply:as far as I know there are 4 types but unfortunately I do not know the names of each, I know the colors, light purple, dark purple, white and a deep pink. If planted correctly each will bloom in sequence.


Lenise


Ferndale_Michigan_Gardening@yahoogroup...



skin color charts

No comments:

Post a Comment